Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 3- Nassau



Oh my, Nassau.
First off, I feel the need to begin by telling you that I am NOT a heat-loving person.
I love Oregon because we have hot weather for maybe a month, and we top out around 90 degrees.
So, while Nassau was gorgeous, I did not enjoy the 98 degree weather with about 80% humidity.
No, thank you.

We docked around 7 AM (EST) in Nassau, which is in the Bahamas, home of the beautiful Atlantis Resort. 
We took a taxi over to Atlantis and spent our morning soaking up the sunshine and enjoying swimming in the ocean - something we never get to do in Oregon.
We explored the resort aquarium and snacked at the gorgeous Lagoon bar and grill.

Awkward family picture, anyone?


Waiting on our taxi

Roommates, best friends, sisters... you know.

hello, sunshine!

Exploring the aquarium
(none of them knew I was taking the picture!)

"Hello, Bruce"
(name that movie!)

Swordfishes kissing :)

So attractive...


Ash made friends with the diver by pointing out spots he missed with the vacuum...

The swordfish was smiling!

Little baby rays...


Then, it was off on the four mile hike back to the ship, down Nassau's main streets. 
After I nearly passed out, and had to hunt down a drugstore to buy water, we explored a couple little shops. 
Nassau is a little grungy at first glance, but it's quite breathtaking at the littlest moments.
We meanedered back to the marketplace that greets cruisers as soon as they hit the island.
After becoming papparazzi for awhile, we lightened our wallets before we boarded the ship.


Ben & Jerry's!

Our ship is the second one from the right

We hiked over this!



Downtown Nassau


We thought the "certified" part was funny....
My beautiful mama

I'd eat his cake...


Shortly after this, Ash dropped Aunt Lisa and had a Rocky Balboa moment, sprinting up the bridge






See that bridge off in the distance? Yeah, we hiked that. BLECH.



That night was formal night on the cruise - fancy dress required in the dining room.
We gussied ourselves up and made our way to meet our tablemates. 
One couple was celebrating 25 years of marriage!
After dinner it was off to enjoy some more karaoke, including Ash singing, as well as a comedian and some clubbing - for a few, awkward moments, anyways.


Getting ready...

Awkward roommate hugs?

Model shot - am I smizing, Tyra??

Love them.


Best Mama ever - thanks again for the trip!!


The only drink I actually liked on board - it was called a Kiss on the Lips!


Tomorrow, we visit a private island!


All pictures taken by my family.
Please ask permission before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.